This Cookies Notice applies to the users ("User", "You", "your") of one or several Univadis websites (i.e.: www.univadis.com and/or its local versions such as www.univadis.co.uk), including the mobile versions of the Websites (the "Apps"; collectively, the "Websites"), that Aptus Health International, Inc. (referred to hereinafter as "we", "Aptus Health", "us") owns and operates.
This Cookies Notice sets out information about cookies and other tracking technologies that collect information from your terminal equipment and are used in the context of the Websites and the Services we offer to You (the "Cookies"). The "Services" refer to the Websites and all information and services provided to You in connection with your use of the Websites including newsletters, mobile apps, reference tools, sponsored content, advertising, email communication, e-training, continuing medical education, medical quizzes and other campaigns.
I. WHAT IS A COOKIE
Cookies are small pieces of information that a website or application asks your browser or other terminal software to store on your device (e.g. computer, smartphone, laptop, tablet). Cookies include various technologies (web beacons, LSOs, Flash cookies, etc.) that allow such website or application to store and retrieve information concerning the users´ browsing habits, device and connection details, which will be used in order to facilitate, improve and personalize the users´ experience during the use of the website or application.
Like most online service publishers, we place Cookies, subject to your choices, on your device when You visit a Website or use our Services.
We use both session ID Cookies and persistent Cookies. A session ID Cookie expires when you close your browser; a persistent Cookie does not.
Please see below the types of Cookies we use in the context of our Services.
III. TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
Purposes of the Cookies. You will find below information about the types of Cookies used:
- Strictly necessary Cookies. These are Cookies that are required for the operation of our Websites and Services. They include, for example, Cookies that enable You to log into secure areas of our Websites.
Analytical/performance and "customization" Cookies. They
allow us to:
- (i) recognise You when You return to our Websites. This enables us to personalise our content for You, greet You by name and remember your preferences; and
- (ii) count the number of Users and to see how Users use our Services and move around our Websites when they are using them, or to see whether You have opened an email we sent You. This helps us to improve the way our Websites and Services work, for example, by ensuring that Users are finding what they are looking for easily or by understanding if our marketing campaigns (e.g. quizzes sent to You by emails) are efficient.
Interest-Based Advertising and Content Cookies. These Cookies record your
visit on our Websites, the pages You have visited, and the links You have followed or clicks
done when using our Services. We will use this information to make our Website, Services and
the advertising displayed on it/through them more relevant to your interests. We may also
advertising, Cookies will be used to place interest-based advertising in the spaces
available on our Websites (and more generally, through our Services), but we may also place
interest-based advertising on third-party websites You visit (e.g., Facebook) thanks to
Cookies. Such Cookies would enable us to identify your terminal equipment when You visit
other websites so as to provide You with interest-based advertising on such other websites.
You would likely prefer to see or use adapted advertising or content rather than content
which would be of no interest to You. Moreover, being a free service, we rely on advertising
and partnership revenues to finance the development of specialized scientific content
designed for You (being practicing physicians) to help in the diagnosis and treatment of
diseases. The advertising content may contain Cookies placed by us or our service providers
or third-parties (see the section below for more details on third-parties cookies).
- Third-parties also place Cookies to serve You interest-based advertising on the spaces available on our Websites. Said third-party can be an advertiser or another third party acting for the advertiser (e.g. a service provider providing web analytic services or interest-based advertising services, a communication agency, etc.) which may associate a Cookie to the ad of an advertiser. Such third-party Cookies would enable these third-parties to (i) provide You with interest-based advertising in the spaces available for third-party advertising on our Websites; (ii) analyse the number of Users who click on an ad and provide statistics; (iii) identify your terminal equipment when You visit other websites on which advertisers also issue cookies so as to provide You with interest-based advertising on such other websites.
- Our Services include social media features, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn buttons ("share"; "like") and widgets or interactive mini-programs that run on our Websites and enabling You to share content from our Websites or to publicly provide your view on our content. These features may collect your IP address, which page You are visiting, and set a Cookie to enable the feature to function properly. The social media providing such social media features/widgets can identify You even if You do not use their social media features/widgets when You visit our Websites. Indeed, such social media features/widgets may enable the social media to identify You and see your browsing on our Websites if your session on the relevant social media is opened on your device when You use our Websites. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Services. Your interactions with these features/widgets are governed by the privacy notice of the social media providing them. Please check the relevant third-party website(s) in the table below for more information about these Cookies and how You may make choices about them.
- Summary table. You can find more information about the Cookies used in the context of our Services and their purposes in the table below:
Persistent Cookies shall expire after a maximum period of 13 months. Strictly necessary Cookies will remain for as long as You use the Services.
|Cookie name||Cookie Domain||Purpose of the cookie||Cookies duration||Source of Cookie|
|OptanonAlertBoxClosed, OptanonConsent||univadis.com||Strictly necessary||Persistent: 1 year||First Party|
|usprivacy||univadis.com||Strictly necessary||13 months||First|
|medpermgl||medscape.com||Strictly necessary||30 years||Third|
|mbox||univadis.com||Performance||Persistent: 2 years||First|
|AMCV_||univadis.com||Performance||Persistent: 2 years||First|
|demdex, dextp||demdex.net||Performance||6 months||Third|
|article||www.univadis.com, img.wbmdstatic.com||Targeting||1 day||First|
|aam||medscape.com, medscape.org, webmd.com, vitals.com, emedicinehealth.com, onhealth.com, medhelp.org, medicinenet.com, rxlist.com||Targeting||6 months||Third|
IV. COOKIE SETTINGS
- Manage Cookies through your web browser/smartphone or third-parties settings
You are able to control whether or not You accept Cookies through the settings of your web browser or smartphone. Your web browser or smartphone gives You the option to delete all cookies, including all of our Cookies. Please note, however, that disabling cookies in your browser can prevent access to some parts of our Services and we decline any liability in this respect. Our Services are not currently configured to respond to a browser’s Do Not Track signals.
Explanations about how to manage settings of your web browser are often provided by your web browser on the "help" menu of your browser: https://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies
As an additional step, concerning third-parties Cookies aiming at providing You with interest-based advertising, please note that third parties may participate in one of the following self-regulatory programs for online behavioral advertising, with corresponding user opt-outs:
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) – (https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/)
- Google Analytics - (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout)
If at any time You do not want your personal information to be used to allow third-parties to display advertisements or to personalise advertisements displayed to You, You can adjust your settings by using the tools provided by these third-parties (e.g., Google, Facebook) or through one of the above self-regulatory programs for online behavioural advertising, if the third party participates in one of them.
Most mobile devices provide You control over tracking for advertising purposes via the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (on iOS devices) or the “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” setting (on Android).